Supports normal respiratory function by trapping dust and airborne allergens. BreatheWise is a unique, all-natural cellulose powder that maintains normal respiratory function by supporting the protective function of the mucous membranes in the nasal passageways. BreatheWise forms a colorless, thin mucus-like gel lining in the nasal passage, which traps dust, mold spores, and other airborne allergens.
Supports normal respiratory function by trapping dust and airborne allergens
Why Choose BreatheWise™?
BreatheWise is available only through a licensed veterinarian. Contact your vet for an ordering code today.
BreatheWise is a unique, all-natural cellulose powder that maintains normal respiratory function by supporting the protective function of the mucous membranes in the nasal passageways. BreatheWise forms a colorless, thin mucus-like gel lining in the nasal passage, which traps dust, mold spores, and other airborne allergens.
- Contains a unique grade of cellulose powder that helps maintain normal respiratory function
- Comes with an easy-to-use applicator that distributes the powder evenly about the horse’s nasal passageways
- Filters out dust, mold spores, and other airborne particles inhaled into the nasal passages
When health issues arise, always seek the advice of a licensed veterinarian who can help you choose the correct course of action for your horse. Supplements are intended to maintain healthy systems and support recovery and healing. They are not intended to treat or cure illness or injury.
BreatheWise is recommended for:
- All horses housed in barns and stables where hay and bedding are present
- Horses being transported, during both short and long haul trips.
- Pastured horses when the pollen count is elevated
- Performance horses that school or compete in a dusty environment (arenas, rings, indoors)
- Racehorses of all types
NOTE: BreatheWise should be administered before entering environments such as barns, arenas, racetracks or trailers that contain dust, mold spores, or other airborne allergens.
Natural cellulose powder.
BreatheWise is drug-free.
Mechanism of action:
BreatheWise is a unique cellulose powder. Once exposed to the moisture within the horse’s airway, BreatheWise forms a fine mucus-like gel that lines the nasal tract and acts as a mechanical filter for allergens, pollutants, and dust.
A field study investigating if BreatheWise had an immediate effect on coughing horses revealed that 89% of the horses tested found relief from their coughing symptoms either immediately or within 10 to 15 minutes after administration. The study was conducted on horses in which an allergic reaction or allergens were the most likely cause of their cough. Horses coughing due to infection were excluded. The study was conducted in late 2008 at the Bollerup Horse Clinic in Sweden.
In an in vitro study conducted at the National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit (University of Worchester, United Kingdom) the diffusion of the dust mite allergen through the gel formed by the unique cellulose powder in BreatheWise was compared to a control agar gel. The cellulose gel in BreatheWise significantly slowed diffusion. After 15 minutes, 69% of the allergens had diffused through the control gel compared with only 1.9% diffusion in the cellulose gel during the same time period. After 5 hours, 100% had diffused through the control compared with 44% in BreatheWise.
BreatheWise Directions for Use:
Use twice daily. Safe to administer more often if required. Prior to use, shake bottle.
- Test the bottle first; squeeze the bottle away from yourself. Test the pressure needed to administer an ideal dose, which is approximately an 8- to 10-inch plume of powder.
- Stand by the horse’s shoulder and wrap your right arm around the horse’s head with your hand resting on the horse’s nose. This enables you to get the horse in a firm but gentle headlock.
- Hold the head firmly and then with your other hand place the nozzle of BreatheWise gently into the nostril and squeeze to deliver one puff of powder.
- Repeat the above for the other nostril.
- The key to getting the best results is to make sure adequate pressure is applied to the bottle to deliver a plume of powder that will cover the entire nasal passage.
- BreatheWise should be administered before entering any environments containing airborne allergens, or dusty environments such as barns, riding arenas, and racetracks. BreatheWise is also beneficial to horses on pasture on days with high pollen counts.
- BreatheWise can be used year-round and administered as often as you feel is needed by the horse.
- If the bottle should block for any reason (this can be caused by moisture from the horse’s nose mixing with the powder), push a needle into the bottle’s nozzle to clear the blockage.
If powder gets into the horse’s eye, or your eye, rinse with water. If you or your horse continues to suffer any adverse reaction, consult a doctor or veterinarian.
Storage and shelf life:
Once opened, use BreatheWise within 3 months. Do not use if tamper-evident seal on the bottle is broken or missing. Always replace the cap and store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Two 2,000 mg bottles (an approximate 40-day supply for one horse)